Together we can achieve anything.
SemperOpernball e.V. is always on the lookout for dedicated interns and aids.
Here you can also find our current vacancies.
Intern for event management
and internal communications
On 26 January 2018, the world-famous Semper Opera House will open its doors for the thirteenth time for the most wonderful night of the year: the Semper Opera Ball. Germany's most popular ball enthrals audiences again and again with its spectacular programmes.
International opera stars, the State Choir of Saxony in Dresden, the Semper Opera Ballet and the State Opera Choir present top-class classical entertainment. Young debutante couples enchant audiences with impressive choreography, and prominent figures in politics, economics, sports and culture receive the Dresden Medal of St. George for their outstanding achievements and commitment. Over two-thousand guests in the Opera House and around ten-thousand on the theatre square enjoy the captivating party.
And in 2018 the Semper Opera Ball fully intends to wow its audience once more.
We can offer you an insight into the organisation of Germany's best ball and open air ball. If you think you have what it takes to work in this varied environment, we'd love to receive your application. Please contact Grit Hoffmann regarding the internship in event management.
Please indicate your availability and include all relevant references and qualifications, and send via mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is what you need:
- Degree in business studies, event management/tourism, communications, PR, media studies, music science or similar.
- Experience in event management/theatre preferred
- Willingness to communicate and organise, ability to cope well under pressure and confidence
- Curiosity, motivation, team skills and creativity
- Well-organised, problem-solver, efficient manner
- Confident using MS-Office programs
This is what we can offer you:
- During your internship you will support our team in designing, organising and executing the 13th Semper Opera Ball
- As part of this project you will deal with certain aspects independently
- The success of this event will partly depend on your dedication in coordinating artists, looking after the debutantes and managing guests
- You will be involved in developing and improving our systems and performances
- You will be expected to maintain close cooperation and coordination with our partners and agencies
This is a mandatory internship under the study and examination regulations. The internship can be extended on a voluntary basis for a maximum of three months, as long as the full term of the internship does not exceed six months.